It will give you a thorough grounding in mathematical, statistical and computational skills, and a sound knowledge of economic theory – together with a good understanding of economic issues.
Key features of the Economics and Mathematical Sciences (Honours) course at The Open University UK
- Explores fundamental questions about our physical and economic world
- Teaches analytical and model building skills applicable to a variety of contexts
- Develops essential skills to solve real problems and make sound judgments – from everyday choices about personal finances, to high-level strategic decisions in employment
- Broadens your experience of using appropriate mathematical and statistical software
Skills for career development
On completion of this degree course you’ll be able to construct economic, statistical and mathematical arguments with appropriate and critical use of concepts, theories, models and evidence. You’ll also learn to use modern mathematical and statistical software, and how to carry out a research project using appropriate research methods. These skills are all in great demand in the workplace, and many are highly transferable and applicable to a variety of situations – whether you’re already working, volunteering or changing career.
Opportunities can be found across all sectors and in a number of occupations. Education, central and local government, finance, health and social care, law, the media, public services, campaigning and research are popular career choices.
Other careers include:
- journalism and broadcasting
- social work
- business management
- advertising and marketing.
Many graduate-level jobs are open to graduates of any discipline, particularly in business, finance, management consultancy and the public sector. Some careers may require further study, training and/or work experience beyond your degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Discovering mathematics
- Essential mathematics
- Running the economy
- Analysing data
- Mathematical methods
- Applications of probability
- Complex analysis
- Deterministic and stochastic dynamics
- Graphs, networks and design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Mathematics Financial Mathematics View 5 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements to study this qualification, but it is very important that you are well prepared to study mathematics at this level.
- Before you register for this qualification, it is essential to check that you have the appropriate mathematical skills.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18576 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18576 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
Current fee for 120 credits – which is equivalent to a year's full-time study – is £6,192.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.