Computing and business have become closely intertwined throughout the world of work.
Key features of the Computing and IT and Business (Honours) at The Open University UK
- Offers a 50:50 split between computing & IT and business
- Provides a choice of computing & IT routes to focus on
- Accredited by BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT
Computing and IT professionals are in demand by providers (such as software houses) and user organisations alike. Organisations increasingly value IT teams with skills relevant to wider contexts in addition to technical ability. This degree will open the way for careers in sectors including retail, finance and commerce, leisure and gaming, telecommunications, broadcast media, digital media, manufacturing, transport, tourism, government, health, education, and the voluntary sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Web technologies
- Algorithms, data structures and computability
- Exploring innovation and entrepreneurship
- Communication and information technologies
- Object-oriented Java programming
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Information Systems Computer Sciences View 96 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements to study this qualification; however, you’ll need some basic knowledge of computing, and the ability to read and write to a good standard of English.
- If you’re thinking about choosing mathematics as your second subject, check that you’re ready for mathematical study at this level by visiting our MathsChoices website.
- If you choose the networking topic at Stage 2 you will be required to attend four UK-based day schools to gain hands-on practical experience of configuring networks.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18576 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18576 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
Our current fee for 120 credits – which is equivalent to a year's full-time study – is £6,192
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.