To ensure you graduate industry-ready and prepared for your role as a registered nurse, study the Bachelor of Nursing at Charles Sturt. You can study this undergraduate nursing degree full-time or part-time; and on-campus, online or a mix of both. (Please note that the Session 2 intake is for online study only; please see full details under entry requirements below.)
Why study a nursing course with Charles Sturt University? The accredited Nursing program from Charles Sturt University will prepare you for the healthcare workforce, and you'll benefit from our strong industry links and ties to regional and metropolitan communities across New South Wales. Patient care requires a holistic approach, and this course provides you with the theory, skills and understanding you'll need in the workplace.
- Practical program
The Bachelor of Nursing supports students to undertake at least 800 hours of workplace learning in an exciting range of authentic healthcare settings.
- Building professional capacity
You'll work in a broad range of contexts and with patients across the lifespan, graduating as a competent and adaptable registered nurse. You'll be able to think creatively and critically; and be a reflective and ethical practitioner, educator and facilitator. You'll also advocate for patient health and wellbeing.
- Professional affiliations
Charles Sturt University has strong links with the Western, Far Western and Murrumbidgee Local Health Districts of New South Wales. These affiliations provide the opportunity to gain real-world practical experience and ensure our course is relevant to the industry and serves contemporary nursing needs.
Charles Sturt University's Bachelor of Nursing graduates are recognised for their critical thinking, diversity and professionalism. Many Charles Sturt University-educated nurses have received overseas recognition and now work internationally.
- Work in public and private healthcare facilities
From emergency situations to post-procedure care, nurses are needed in public and private hospitals and health facilities, community health centres, defence forces, primary and secondary industries, insurance, justice health, mental health, and workplace health and safety.
- Improve patient care
Use your knowledge and skills to conduct research and improve and advance patient care practice.
After graduating with the Bachelor of Nursing, you have the opportunity to specialise in any area of nursing that interests you.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contexts of Nursing
- Human Anatomy and Physiology for Nurses
- Nursing Workplace Learning
- Clinical Reasoning in Nursing
- Indigenous Health Care for Nurses
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics for Nurses
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing View 151 other Masters in Human Medicine in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 010599C (Albury-Wodonga, Bathurst, Wagga Wagga)
- Applicants who have completed secondary school outside Australia will require a competitive pass in a recognized matriculation examination equivalent to an Australian Year 12. You should submit a certified copy of your highest level of secondary school results to support your application for admission. The programs and scores currently recognized for entry are available on pages 84-86 If your qualification is not listed, we encourage you to apply and we will assess your application individually.
- Applicants who have completed secondary school in Australia require one of: Australian Higher School Certificate (Year 12) with an ATAR (or interstate equivalent) appropriate to the course, Tertiary Preparation Certificate (TAFE) with satisfactory completion or the International Baccalaureate Diploma.
International28000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28000 AUD per year during 36 months.
National4936 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4936 AUD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bathurst
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.