The Mechanical Engineering programme of Fontys University of Applied Sciences trains students to become an overall engineer. You will learn the theory and practice you need to design, create and maintain machines, production processes and machines. Your classes are given by teachers with a lot of real life working experience. You practice your technical skills and perform challenging (business) project assignments. As a mechanical engineer an important part of your work is making technical designs. We support you in that learning process and a study counsellor will guide you during your study.
From oil rigs to the plastics industry, from pythons in amusement parks to devices and machines, everywhere you will meet Mechanical engineers.
He is an all-rounder with a technical background. A designer, who also knows how processes work. Mechanical engineers focus on designing, making and placing on the market of equipment, installations and machinery. They make things 'better'. Do you want to make for example a machine more energy efficient? Or ensure that a production process produces less waste? With Mechanical Engineering you are going to make it!
The Bachelor program Mechanical Engineering leads to the Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Construction and mechanics
- Energy & process
- Control and modeling
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- If you want to arrange accomodation yourself, apply by 15 August.
- If you want accomodation from the university - 15 June
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 7 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- For students with the Dutch nationality (with the Dutch secondary school diploma): MBO-4-, HAVO- or VWO-diploma with mathematics and physics..
- For students of other nationalities, who followed the British curriculum, the minimum requirements are: BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma with mathematics and physics or General Certicificate of Secondary Education in 4 subjects with marks ranging from A-C, plus a General Certicificate of Education with 2 subjects at Advanced Subisidiary level. Mathematics and physics. Must be taken at Advanced Subsidiary level.
- For students who are in posession of an International Baccalaureate diploma (with mathematics and physics): we accept both SL and HL results.
International10140 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10140 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2143 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Eindhoven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.