Key features of the Open Degree (Honours) programme at The Open University UK
- Tailor your qualification to suit your needs
- Choose modules from a wide range of subject areas
- Study that fits your evolving career ambitions or personal interests
- Count previous university study towards your qualification
Skills for career development
A BA/BSc (Honours) Open degree equips you with a wide range of expertise, skills and capabilities that are much sought after in today’s highly competitive job market. An Open degree on your CV shows more than your level of knowledge about a subject; employers know that you are flexible and adaptable, having studied across a range of subjects. It also allows you to develop a diverse range of transferable skills including:
- self management
- team working
- problem solving
- communication and literacy
- application of information technology
- business and customer awareness
The flexibility of our BA/BSc (Hons) Open degree makes it relevant to a wide range of careers and industries – many of which do not require qualifications to be subject-specific. It can help you to develop in your existing employment, or be a passport to a whole new career. Its flexibility particularly suits people with multi-faceted work roles; and anyone needing to develop their skills, knowledge and understanding to manage changes in their current job or future career path.
A degree is always valuable, no matter what you study. Around 70% of graduate jobs are open to graduates of any discipline – particularly roles in business, finance, management consultancy and the public sector. Some careers may require further study, training and/or work experience beyond your degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Communication skills for business and management
- Career development and employability
- Design thinking: creativity for the 21st century
- Discovering mathematics
- Discovering the arts and humanities
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Public Law General Engineering & Technology View 77 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements to study this qualification. However, you can choose to start your studies with either an optional Access module, or directly at Stage 1.
- The BA/BSc (Honours) Open degree begins with one of a range of introductory modules, which are all designed to build a solid foundation for further study.
- Although this first module will provide the foundation for your qualification, having some basic skills before you begin can help you get the best from your studies.
- If, for example, you choose one of our science, maths or engineering modules, we recommend that you check with us that your IT and mathematical skills are at an appropriate level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18576 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18576 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
Current fee for 120 credits – which is equivalent to a year's full-time study – is £6,192.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.