The online computer science and information technology courses are very similar to our campus-based degrees, and the academic standards required are just as high. However, they give you the flexibility to study from wherever you like and to fit learning around other commitments. Computer Science gives you a broad range of skills and knowledge in areas including programming, multimedia, networks, databases, operating systems and software engineering. Information technology includes many aspects of computer science, but with more focus on the needs of people and organisations.
Why choose this Computer Science (Top-up) (Online) programme from University of Hertfordshire.?
- You can study when and where you want, fitting in with your other commitments such as work or family
- Our online degrees are based on their on campus equivalents with the same academic quality standards and processes so your award will be recognised worldwide
- Study at a highly-regarded, well established computer science department with excellent facilities, strong links to both business and research, and a track record of graduate success.
- BSc (Hons) Information Technology also available to study online.
Our graduates have gone on to become software developers, business analysts, database administrators, network designers, technical consultants, programmers, web developers, project managers and software engineers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Programming & Software Engineering Practice
- Computer Science Project
- Project Planning
- Quantum Computing
- Computer Systems Security
- Mobile Computing
- Data Mining and Visualisation
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Human Computer Interaction Software Engineering View 83 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants for direct entry to Level 6 from other programmes within the University or elsewhere must have gained a minimum of 240 credits at Levels 4 and 5, including a minimum of 120 credits at Level 5 and are required to demonstrate that their previous studies and experience have provided a broad equivalence to the learning outcomes of Levels 4 and 5 of the programme.
- Access to computer equipment with the following minimum specification.
- All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency. The following qualifications and grades will be considered
- GCSE English language grade A-C
- IELTS 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in any band)
International6240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6240 GBP per year and a duration of 72 months.
National6240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6240 GBP per year and a duration of 72 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.