The accredited Architecture (Honours) degree from Newcastle University is your first step towards qualification as a professional architect, and you'll leave with your own design style and distinctive way of working.
You'll study topics that explore the cultural, historical and technological context of architectural design, and help you understand the implications of your design decisions. Our city will provide the ultimate case study for you, with an architectural legacy that few UK cities can rival.
Projects increase in complexity through the programme, gradually stretching your architectural thinking, skills and knowledge.
Join a network of successful graduates
90% of our Architecture BA Honours graduates were employed or in further study within six months of graduating.
The BA in Architecture is the first step towards qualification as a professional architect. The vast majority of our graduates choose to follow their degree with a year’s employment as an architectural assistant in an architect’s practice.
Newcastle graduates have an envious position in the job market and are well received by architectural practices.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Architectural Design
- Architectural Technology: Explorations in Making Architecture
- Architectural Technology: Principles of Constructing Architecture
- Introduction to Architecture
- Architectural Representation
- Dissertation Studies and Research Methods
- About Architecture: Cities, Cultures and Space
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture View 230 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- AAA. All candidates will be required to submit a portfolio for review as part of the selection process. GCSE grade B or 6 in Mathematics and English required if not taken at a higher level.
- A minimum of 36 points. All candidates will be required to submit a portfolio for review as part of the selection process. Standard Level Mathematics or Mathematical Studies required at grade 5 if not offered at Higher Level.
International21600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21600 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.