The use of limited energy resources, the requirement for the management of energy efficiency and the increased usage of renewable energy sources (such as solar, bio-mass, hydraulic, wind and geothermal) means that there is also an increasing demand for well-trained experts in the field of energy systems engineering. In this context, the energy sector is constantly changing due to environmental constraints (such as fossil fuel and greenhouse gas emissions), increasing fuel prices, depletion of fossil fuels and the decreasing regulation and control of the energy market (natural gas and electricity).
The academic discipline of Energy Systems Engineering from Yasar University aims to address all of these issues.
Graduates are employable as designers, administrators and implementation staff, both in the public and private sectors in Turkey and abroad, by the numerous organizations involved in producing, storing, transforming, conducting, distributing, utilising and planning energy resources. Furthermore, graduates may also work at universities and research organizations or establish their own consultancy companies in the field of energy efficiency and management.
- The programme includes technical electives and is designed for students to become professional engineers by gaining a wide perspective on energy systems.
- The first two years of the programme resemble those of traditional engineering disciplines, after which a series of courses are given, explaining the concepts related to energy systems engineering.
- Students will be able to conduct independent research and participate in joint design projects with students from other departments.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology Sustainable Energy View 10 other Bachelors in Energy & Power Engineering in Turkey
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Yasar University and/or in Turkey, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
High school / secondary education (or higher)
- The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Turkish.
- Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
- You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
- At least 1 reference(s) must be provided.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
International6500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 USD per year during 48 months.
National6500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Izmir
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.