At the end of the Business Statistics programme students from Makerere University are expected to be able to know and use Business related variables, how to collect and analyse Business data and apply them to explain social, economic and business dynamics and other such related fields.
The School offers some of the fastest growing and highest demand Statistics and Population-related programs in the World today. The programs have an established, long history of providing Statistician and Population professionals of “choice” to the Country and to the region.
- Business Administration
- Linear Algebra
- Descriptive Statistics
- Principles of Development Economics
- Risk Management for Business
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Makerere University and/or in Uganda, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Get pay in slips from Stanbic or DFCU bank at the main campus Makerere University where applicable.
- After paying the Fee of USD $ 75 or 172,500 UGX take the bank slip to the main building (Finance Department) for verification where applicable.
- On presentation of the application fee bank slip, pick the application form from Room 316, Level 3, Senate Building.
- Applicants with academic documents prescribed in other languages other than English should be submitted to the School of Languages, Makerere University for translation into English.
- Applicants who obtained qualifications elsewhere other than Uganda should take their secondary school academic documents to Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) located in Ntinda for purposes of being equated to Ugandan grades.
International1960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 980 USD per semester during 36 months.
National780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 390 USD per semester during 36 months.
- National: 1,490,458 UGX (Uganda Shilling) per semester
- International: 3,747,436 UGX (Uganda Shilling) per semester
Living costs for Kampala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.