Animal Production Technology and Management program from Makerere University prepares students to do actual livestock farming themselves; manage, analyze, interpret and report farm animal data and develop, adapt and evaluate animal production technologies to suit local needs.
Students at Animal Production Technology and Management program from Makerere University will:
- assist farmers achieve better efficiency and results in their livestock business settings;
- instruct and assist farmers in modern farming technologies;
- develop intra- and inter-farm product quality control systems;
- instruct and assist farmers and the private sector improve and add value to their animal products;
- be conversant with modern technologies for use in high level livestock production.
- Principles of Animal Ethology and Production
- Animal Rights, Handling and Legislation
- Pharmacology and Veterinary drugs Management
- Animal Health and Clinical diagnostics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Makerere University and/or in Uganda, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Get pay in slips from Stanbic or DFCU bank at the main campus Makerere University where applicable.
- After paying the Fee of USD $ 75 or 172,500 UGX take the bank slip to the main building (Finance Department) for verification where applicable.
- On presentation of the application fee bank slip, pick the application form from Room 316, Level 3, Senate Building.
- Applicants with academic documents prescribed in other languages other than English should be submitted to the School of Languages, Makerere University for translation into English.
- Applicants who obtained qualifications elsewhere other than Uganda should take their secondary school academic documents to Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) located in Ntinda for purposes of being equated to Ugandan grades.
International1250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 625 USD per semester during 36 months.
National836 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 418 USD per semester during 36 months.
- National: 1,596,919 UGX (Uganda Shilling) per semester
- International: 2,395,378 UGX (Uganda Shilling) per semester
Living costs for Kampala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.