The JUMC Six-Year Program differs from many other six-year and extended year medical school programs. The MD in English at Jagiellonian University focuses entirely on its students developing the necessary tools of a healthcare professional: skill in basic science, research capacity, and clinical skill. Although the program requires that its students have sound writing abilities, it does not require that students take university-level “general education” as a prerequisite to obtaining a medical degree.
In addition, once a student is admitted and remains in good standing, the student is not required to be accepted into the medical program after initial years of study, like many other programs. The Six-Year Program is conducted entirely in the Faculty of Medicine. Starting from the first year, the program requires that students gain clinical experience every year.
Students of the School of Medicine in English also have the opportunity in their final year of study to complete elective rotations at various universities in the United States, Canada, and elsewhere.
Graduates of the medical programs are eligible to apply for residency and postgraduate training programs at university teaching hospitals in various countries, including the US, Canada, Australia, England, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, and Poland.
- Physical Education
- Anatomy with Embryology
- Biochemistry with Elements of Chemistry
- Histology with Cytophysiology
- History of Medicine
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Human Medicine Health Sciences View 12 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in Poland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application fee: 100 PLN
- letter of recommendation (One A4 page long letter in English from a teacher, school counsellor, professor, volunteer coordinator, etc. The letter should show a candidate’s aptitude for science & MD/DDS studies. The letter is to be directly uploaded into the OAS by its author.);
- photocopy of the diploma of secondary education or a photocopy of high school certificate (transcript of grades) or a photocopy of supplementary education certificate comprising grades in the following subjects: biology/physics and chemistry;
- photocopy of a document confirming knowledge of English language if secondary education was conducted in a language other than English;
- a statement confirming the high school graduation date and the date of high school diploma release (if applicable).
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 72 months.
EU/EEA15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 72 months.
Living costs for Kraków
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.