About Data Science at Victoria University
With market information and technology evolving at great speed, skilled professionals are needed to transform data into actionable insights for business.
The Bachelor of Data Science is designed to meet this demand, equipping you with high-level understanding of predictive models and the related technology. Throughout your study, you will learn how to wrangle, analyse, visualise, predict, and find insights into data to solve a host of real-world problems.
You will gain targeted expertise in:
- mathematics and statistics
- exploratory data analysis
- machine learning
- clustering techniques
- text analytics
- image and speech processing.
The Bachelor of Data Science course is designed to meet industry demand and prepare you to pursue careers in the following roles:
- data scientist
- data analyst
- business analyst
- market research analyst
- machine learning engineer
- machine learning scientist
- business intelligence (BI) specialist.
- Web Development
- Communication and Information Management
- Computer Networks
- Database Systems
- 36 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
We are currently accepting applications for this course.
DisciplinesMathematics Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 168 other Bachelors in Mathematics in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English (or equivalent).
- A study score of at least 20 in Mathematics (any).
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
International30400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15200 AUD per semester during 36 months.
The amount you pay for your course depends on whether you’re offered a Commonwealth supported place or a full fee-paying place
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.