- We have close links to several major teaching hospitals and our staff work side-by-side with doctors and health professionals.
- With our highly rated research, the expert knowledge of our staff will be of direct benefit in the lectures and teaching sessions you attend.
- Most medical physics classes are small (fewer than 35 students) providing you with an informal, interactive teaching environment in which you can easily raise questions.
- The Medical Physics programme is accredited by the Institute of Physics (IOP) providing the first step to chartered physicist status.
Our degrees are accredited by the Institute of Physics and, as well as a career in medical physics, you will have access to the same wide diversity of careers as with any other University College London (UCL) physics degree.
Physicists tend to be logical, numerate problem solvers and there is a demand for people who have developed such skills in a wide range of careers. Following a degree in medical physics, students tend to pursue careers in clinical, industry or research settings.
Medical physicists can work in hospitals directly with clinicans and their patients, or take a research approach and develop new techniques and technologies within industry or academia.
- Applications of Biomedical Engineering
- Computing in Medicine
- Medical Electronics and Neural Engineering
- Medical Imaging with Ionising Radiation
- MRI and Biomedical Optics
- Physiological Monitoring
- Treatment with Ionising Radiation
- Biomedical Ultrasound
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Human Medicine Medical Imaging View 43 other Bachelors in Medical Imaging in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Grades: AAA
- Subjects: Mathematics and Physics required at grade A.
- GCSEs: English Language and Mathematics at grade C or 5.
- Points: 38
- Subjects: A total of 18 points in three higher level subjects including grade 6 in Mathematics and Physics, with no score lower than 5. The programme will accept either 'Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches' or 'Mathematics: Applications and Interpretation' at higher level.
International32100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32100 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.