Graphic design is everywhere, in printed and digital applications of our everyday life.
Methodology and structure
A strong laboratory overtone is the feature of the course: from basic design theories to high-level professional simulation, students progressively develop complex research projects through guided design labs in collaboration with real companies.
In parallel with the design laboratory classes, our students acquire historical, sociological, economical and technical skills.
These techniques are useful to help them on interpreting and decoding the language of visual communication, of contemporary arts, cinema and all the society communication needs.
Students of the Graphic Design - IED Milan at Istituto Europeo Di Design (IED) acquire immediately the basic tools of Graphic Design: knowledge on Typefaces' usage, page formats and layouts, genesis meaning and perception of shapes and colors. The study plan also focuses on technical tools: from basic softwares on Photo editing, picture management and vector graphics to advanced ones dedicated to web design, 2D and 3D animation, video editing and TV graphic.
- Graphic Designer
- Art Director
- Visual Journalist
- Content Creator
- Front End Designer
- Data Visualizer.
Title – The First Level Academic Diploma is recognized by MIUR (Ministry for Education, University and Research) and equated with the Bachelor’s Degree issued by Universities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History Of Drawing And Artistic Design
- History Of Contemporary Art
- Design Methods
- Computer Graphics
- Perception Theory And The Psychology Of Form
- Graphic Design
- Arts Semiotics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesGraphic Design View 4 other Bachelors in Graphic Design in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In order to be eligible for admission to a 1st Level Academic Diploma programme or to an IED Diploma programme, students must:
- be proficient in the language of the chosen course (Italian/English) and comply with the language requirement listed in the relevant section below;
- hold an upper secondary school leaving qualification that satisfies the requirements for entering university education as listed in the relevant sections below;
- not be enrolled in any other academic course at any other academy or university;
- be at least 18 years old by the end of the year in which the course starts;*
- comply with the Admission and Enrolment procedures.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17200 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA17200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17200 EUR per year during 36 months.
- For registration for the first year of the three-year courses, payment is calculated based on the income bracket of the student’s family.
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.