Heavy duty equipment technicians work on large mobile equipment—bulldozers, cranes, graders, loaders and earthmovers used in construction, mining, forestry and more. Truck and transport mechanics work on trucks, buses and highway transport vehicles for dealers, garages and transportation companies.
Heavy Equipment and Truck and Transport Technician from Saskatchewan Polytechni is a one-year certificate program offered in Saskatoon. Build the knowledge and skills you need to service, maintain, diagnose and repair heavy equipment, trucks, buses and transport vehicles. You’ll get training in:
- air conditioning and heating systems
- brake, steering and suspension systems
- electrical and hydraulic systems
- engines, fuel systems and power trains
- equipment operation and maintenance
- trade math and blueprint reading
- use of shop equipment and tools
60% Shop Time, 40% Class Time
You’ll learn from highly qualified instructors in Saskatchewan Polytechnic’s well-equipped heavy equipment shop facility at 135 English Crescent in Saskatoon. The industry is a big supporter of our students, which means you’ll learn on advanced equipment. You’ll also participate in an industry-based two-week work experience.
With this Saskatchewan Polytechnic credential, you may be eligible for credit towards apprenticeship training. To learn more, contact the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission (SATCC).
- Brake Systems Air Theory
- Drivetrain Intermediate Shop
- Electrical Basics Theory
- Electrical Starting and Charging Systems Theory
- Diesel Engines Theory
- Brake Systems Hydraulic Shop
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesStrategic Management Transport Management Transportation Engineering View 8 other Bachelors in Transport Management in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Grade 11 with one of the following mathematics; Foundations of Math 20, Pre-Calculus 20, Workplace and Apprenticeship Math 20 (Modified and General Math credits are not acceptable)
- English Language Requirement
International19000 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19000 CAD for the full programme during 12 months.
National8370 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8370 CAD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Saskatoon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.