The The Facilitating Inclusive Education (Hons) programme from University of Malta equips you with the knowledge, understanding and skills needed to support teachers in creating an effective classroom experience for all students.
The programme will focus on knowledge and skills to be able to support individuals with mild to severe disabilities, mild to severe learning difficulties and mild to severe challenging behaviour and the prevention thereof. It also aims to improve the competencies, skills, effectiveness and confidence that learning support educators seek to bring to your work.
The course is designed to allow you to develop an understanding of the curriculum, education policy, principles of education, knowledge of the challenges met in classrooms when supporting learning of children with learning difficulties and the implementation of positive behavioural approaches.
Career opportunites and access to further studies
As a graduate of Facilitative inclusive Education, you will have the necessary skills to work as learning support educators (LSEs) at the graduate level (LSE 3). You can also apply to become an Inclusion Coordinator (INCOs). If you are interested in pursuing an academic career or to further your studies, we encourage you to enrol to Masters level in various related areas.
- Students with Diverse Developmental Disabilities and Learning Needs
- Human Development and Life-long Learning Potential
- Basic Inter- and Intra-Personal Skills in the Classroom: A Positive Psychology Approach
- Inclusive Education from a Universal Design for Learning Perspective
- Literacy and Mathematics for Students with Learning Disabilities / Difficulties
- Including Children with Intellectual Disability
- Critical Issues in Education
- Home-School-Professionals Collaboration: A Transdiscpilinary Approach
- Inclusion Beyond Schooling
- Supporting Students with Communication Disabilities in the Classroom through Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Theatre, Creative Arts, Sports and Leisure for Inclusion
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must satisfy the General Entry Requirements for admission, namely, the Matriculation Certificate and Secondary Education Certificate passes at Grade 5 or better in Maltese, English Language and Mathematics.
International8500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.