By engaging this broader approach, that is, not only trying to cure disease (medicinal chemistry) but also placing an emphasis on the underlying associated cellular pathways (chemical biology), further innovative opportunities for treating disease will come forward.
In this regard the Medicinal Chemistry and Chemical Biology (MCCB) program from Jacobs University Bremen is unique within the German academic landscape and should help bridge the evolving needs of the high growth pharmaceutical industry.
5 reasons why you should study Medicinal Chemistry and Chemical Biology (MCCB) at Jacobs University
- Study a program with a unique interdisciplinary combination of Medicinal Chemistry and Chemical Biology
- Benefit from our research-led education approach and learn from our top scientists and their internationally recognized research
- Gain lab experience in our modern, well-equipped labs and facilities
- Benefit from small classes and our top student-to-teacher ratio
- Profit from our network of successful Alumni for you career in science or business
Students who have completed the MCCB program will understand how the life of cells, organisms, and humans is organized at the chemical molecular level.
This opens the door to graduate education (most often in biochemistry, medicinal chemistry, or organic chemistry) but also to a wide variety of career choices ranging from the strictly scientific (entry level industrial positions in the chemical, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or food industries) to education (elementary or high school), to regulatory affairs (analytical food testing laboratories, quality management, etc.) to legal counsel (patent attorney, licensing, etc.) to start-ups.
The critical, goal-oriented, skills acquired from your in-depth analysis of chemical-biological problems may also be recognized by headhunters as transferable to non-scientific areas of employment. The mandatory MCCB summer internship, most often within the industrial research sector, is a professional growth experience that is invaluable for aiding students in their career making decision process.
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Chemical Biology
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Advanced Organic and Analytical Laboratory
- Medicinal Chemistry and Chemical Biology Laboratory
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Application Deadline International: June 1
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Chemistry Biotechnology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Recommendation Letter
- Official or Certified Copies of High School/University Transcripts
- Educational History Form
- Standardized Testing (Sat/Act/Testas)
- Zeemee Electronic Resume (Optional)
- Language Proficiency Test
International20000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA20000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 EUR per year during 36 months.
+ € 8,000 living expenses
Living costs for Bremen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
All applicants are considered for merit-based scholarships of up to € 15,000 per year.EU students are eligible for a minimum guaranteed scholarship of €4,000.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.