In your first year as a Graduate Entry Medicine (Hons) student at Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, you will be taught in a dedicated teaching facility on the main St Stephen’s Green campus. In your second year, you will spend most of your time in RCSI's dedicated teaching space at Connolly Hospital in Blanchardstown, Dublin. In your final two years, you will be on clinical rotations in a variety of hospitals and GP practices in Dublin and throughout the country.
As an Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland Graduate Entry Medicine (Hons) graduate, you will be career-ready. In fact, your clinical skills training starts from day one of the programme, with simulated patient sessions a weekly feature of the curriculum.
You will also have many opportunities to build your career – via undergraduate research opportunities, overseas clinical electives in prestigious institutions and a four-week sub-internship programme in final year, in which you will work as a resident-in-training in a hospital in Ireland, the US or Canada.
What you will study
The four-year Graduate Entry Medicine (Hons) programme is divided into three cycles:
- Junior Cycle (one year)
- Intermediate Cycle (one year)
- Senior Cycle (two years)
- Fundamentals of Biomedicine
- Musculoskeletal Biology
- Blood: Haematology and Immunology
- Health, Behaviour and Patient Safety
- Gastrointestinal Biology
- Cardiorespiratory Biology
- Nervous System Biology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 99 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold or expect to hold – by July prior to entry – a competitive GPA or a minimum of an upper second class honours from an accredited undergraduate bachelor degree (Opens in new windowequivalent to NFQ Level 8). The degree can be in any discipline.
- Compete on the basis of your Graduate Australian Medical School Admission Test (GAMSAT) scores only. As a guide, the minimum GAMSAT score on which students were admitted to RCSI in 2021 was 62* (random selection). The GAMSAT-Ireland test is held in March and September each year.
- GAMSAT results are valid for two years prior to the start of the programme you are applying for. If you are presenting GAMSAT UK or GAMSAT Australia results you must provide these to the CAO when submitting your application.
- There are no interviews for EU GEM applicants.
- Non-EU applicants can provide GAMSAT or MCAT examination results. GAMSAT results are valid for two years prior to the start of the programme.
International57635 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57635 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA16970 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16970 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.