The government has recognised the importance of biotechnology which has been identified as one of the national priority Research & Development (R&D) programme.
To meet this objective, students of the Resource Biotechnology (Honours) programme from University Malaysia Sarawak will be trained in the latest technologies such as recombinant DNA technology, cell and tissue culture, genetic engineering and other molecular techniques, which are essential for biotechnology research.
Final year students can specialise in one of the following major branches of biotechnology: plant, animal, environmental, marine, and medical. In addition, students will be exposed to various social economic applications relevant to biotechnology industries.
The programme shall produce graduates who are
- Knowledgeable and skilful in science related to biotechnology in line with the national and industrial needs,
- Are able to communicate effectively and efficiently while showing good leadership qualities within the organization,
- Are able to solve problems in the field of biotechnology in innovative, creative and ethical ways through a sustainable approach, and
- Are able to demonstrate entrepreneurial skills and recognize the importance of lifelong learning needs for the development of an excellent career.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Biochemistry View 41 other Bachelors in Biology in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
GCE A Level/ International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB)/ AUSMAT graduates recognized by the Malaysian government and approved by the university Senate
International1767 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7068 EUR for the full programme during 48 months.
- Malaysian Students RM1,805
- International Students RM35,000
Living costs for Kota Kinabalu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.