Do you want to make a difference and pursue a career that values diversity, empathy, collaboration and inclusiveness? Social Services professionals dedicate themselves to helping people live better lives and build stronger communities.
The Social Services diploma program at Vancouver Island University gives you a strong foundation in developmental psychology, adolescent and child development, trauma resiliency and conflict resolution. With a social services diploma you become an advocate for human rights and social justice, helping to protect vulnerable people.
The program provides advanced-level training for working in the social services field and is available on a full-time or a part-time basis.
The program includes the following components:
- courses in addictions and addiction treatment, conflict resolution, leadership and supervision, community development, interpersonal skills, and special topics;
- elective courses drawn from a wide-ranging selection of elective options in many different disciplines relevant to the human services field.
Graduates of the diploma program will gain skills to prepare them for work in a broad range of social services positions, including supervisory/administrative roles and more specialized direct service roles with community agencies, private service providers, and some government services.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Alternative Conflict Resolution in Criminal Justice Systems
- Developmental Psychology
- Adolescent Development
- Family Studies
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 97 other Bachelors in Social Work in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- graduation from a BC secondary school, or equivalent, with a minimum “C” grade in either English Studies 12 or English First Peoples 12;
- previous degree from a recognized university;
- English 12 with a minimum "C" grade, or equivalent.
- Volunteer or paid employment in the human services field.
- Résumé and two current letters of reference.
- Submit a Personal Profile.
- Interview may be required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19227 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19227 CAD per year during 24 months.
National4798 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4798 CAD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.