Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs) of the Department of Mechanical EngineeringThe objectives of the Mechanical Engineering BTech programme offered at National Institute of Technology Silchar are as follows:
- To deliver comprehensive education in Mechanical Engineering to ensure that the graduates attain the core competency to be successful in industry or excel in higher studies in any of the following fields: Thermal Engineering, Mechanical Design, and Manufacturing Science and Technology.
- To provide the students with foundation in mathematical and engineering fundamentals required to solve engineering problems and also to pursue higher studies and research.
- To train the students to work as teams to comprehend, analyze, design and create innovative solutions of real life problems.
- To inculcate a sense of ethics, professionalism and effective communication skills amongst graduates.
- To provide an academic environment that gives adequate opportunity to the students to cultivate lifelong skills needed for a successful professional career.
Programme Outcomes (POs) of the Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Graduates will be able to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering in the solution of Mechanical Engineering problems.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate, analyze and solve Mechanical Engineering problems.
- Graduates will demonstrate ability to design mechanical systems, conduct experiments, analyze and interpret the resulting data.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to design a system, component to meet desired needs within the context of Mechanical Engineering and considering realistic constraints.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to visualize and work on laboratory and multidisciplinary task.
- Graduate will demonstrate skills to use modern engineering tools, software and equipment to analyze problems.
- Graduates will have an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Graduates will be able to communicate effectively.
- Graduates will show the understanding of impact of engineering solutions on the society and environment.
- Graduates will develop confidence for self-education and ability for lifelong learning.
- Graduates will be able to participate and succeed in competitive examinations.
- Graduates will have awareness on contemporary issues.
- Theory of Machines
- Fluid Mechanics
- Manufacturing Process
- Material Science
- Machine Drawing Lab
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Admissions to the first semester of all Undergraduate courses are made on the basis of seats allocated by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) from the list of candidates selected by all India JEE (Main). Besides, a specified number of foreign nationals/NRIs selected under the policy laid down by Govt. of India, are admitted directly to the 1st year of the courses.
International8000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 USD per semester during 48 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per semester during 48 months.
- SAARC countries: $2000/semester
- Non-SAARC countries: $4000/semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.