It was then under the Department of Electrical Engineering from which it along with the undergraduate program in Electronics and Communication Engineering got separated under the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering in the year 2000. From the year 2000 till 2008 the department was under the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering. In the year 2008 the Department of Computer Science and Engineering became an independent department.
What you will learn
The Computer Science and Engineering BTech programme offered at National Institute of Technology Silchar consists of 8 semesters and is a professional engineering degree affiliated with and awarded after completion of 4-years of extensive/vast engineering study and research. Computer science and engineering students will learn about basic engineering techniques, as other engineering students, during first year course, which includes Engineering Mathematics, Physics , Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering , Engineering Mechanics , Mechanical Activities( Welding, Fitting , Carpentry ,etc.) , Engineering drawing and Basic Programming. From second year they are exposed to core computer science subjects like Data Structures, Applied Graph Theory , Computer Organization and Architecture , Computer Graphics , Microprocessors and Peripherals , Operating Systems , Software Engineering , Compiler Design are few to mention. This programme is one of the most popular and demanded course , not only in India but in the world
- Theory of Computation & Automata Theory
- Computer Architecture & Microprocessor
- Engineering Science
- Energy Science and Technology
- Signals & Data Communication Lab
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Admissions to the first semester of all Undergraduate courses are made on the basis of seats allocated by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) from the list of candidates selected by all India JEE (Main). Besides, a specified number of foreign nationals/NRIs selected under the policy laid down by Govt. of India, are admitted directly to the 1st year of the courses.
International8000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 USD per semester during 48 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per semester during 48 months.
- SAARC countries: $2000/semester
- Non-SAARC countries: $4000/semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.