You'll study modules in mathematics, further mathematics, physics and engineering.
- During the Robotics with a Foundation Year degree from University of Sheffield you'll also get a chance to work with students across the University's faculties of engineering and science.
- You'll take part in the Global Engineering Challenge: a week-long team project where you'll find creative solutions to a real-world engineering problem. You'll also be able to get involved in extracurricular activities.
- Current projects include designing and building payloads for satellites and rovers, and developing autonomous vehicles and rockets.
This course is accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology and the Institute of Measurement and Control. Our MEng degrees meet all the academic requirements for Chartered Engineer (CEng) status.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Core Foundation Mathematics
- Further Foundation Mathematics
- Foundations of Physics
- Foundations of Physics with Computing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Robotics View 1044 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International Baccalaureate | 32 + GCSE Science grade 6/B and Maths grade 7/A; 31, with Maths and at least one of Physics, Chemistry or Biology at Higher Level 5 or Standard Level 7
- BTEC | DDD in Engineering or Applied Science + GCSE Science grade 6/B and Maths grade 7/A
- Scottish Highers | AABBB (any subjects) + GCSE Science grade 6/B and Maths grade 7/A; ABBBB, including Maths and at least one of Physics, Chemistry or Biology
- Welsh Baccalaureate + 2 A Levels | B + BB (any A Level subjects) + GCSE Science grade 6/B and Maths grade 7/A; B + BC in Maths and either Physics, Chemistry or Biology
- Access to HE Diploma | 60 credits overall in a relevant subject with 45 credits at Level 3, including 24 credits at Distinction (including at least 12 credits in Maths) and 21 credits at Merit + GCSE Maths grade 7/A. Applicants are considered individually
- Mature students - explore other routes for mature students
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24450 GBP per year during 60 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.