Communication is everything: ads, book covers, magazines, logos, apps, interfaces, webdesign, or packaging design. Every day we encounter hundreds of visual messages. The Communication Design programme is offered by University of Europe for Applied Sciences .
They all influence our thoughts and actions, and not just on account with their aesthetic value. They also convey multilayered content and emotions.
As a communication designer or graphic designer, you'll find the best visual and creative expression for all messages, thereby resolving the issues that arise in design.
Our university focuses on your development.
That's why we teach in small learning groups and in a friendly and personal atmosphere. You will be taught by renowned lecturers from the creative industry and study at a campus that is centrally located, equipped with the latest technology (photo studio, print & scan lab, VR equipment, MacPools, etc.), and that is known for its international and English-speaking character.
At the University of Applied Sciences Europe you even get the possibilty to actively shape your studies and your career path. Depending on your personal career goals, you will select your own specialisations and choose from a range of interdisciplinary subjects.
We regard our students as creative individuals.
The practice-oriented specialist knowledge and the confidence in conceptual design you will gain will make you ready for the creative industries. The balanced mix of theory and practice will give you a capacity for reflection that will serve you well in your professional life. You will already design your very own covers, posters, logos, apps and more during your studies. The intercultural and interdisciplinary competence gained on our international university will also help prepare you for working life.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Design & Layout
- Theory, Technology & Practice
- Project & Documentation
- Media Production
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 42 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
BerlinLow cost of livingBuzzing international city with a great lifestyleNo German required (everyone speaks English)Campus in great location (city center, well-connected)Headquarters of many international companies and start-upsGreat for entrepreneurs and freelancers
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Communication Sciences View 14 other Bachelors in Communication Sciences in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official translation to English or German for those documents in different language
- German taught programmes needs both English / German language certificate
- Minimum English language level -B1
- Application form
- Secondary school diploma and transcripts.
- English/German language certificate or request to waive
- Passport copy
- Letter of motivation
- Once the application is complete, the student is required to complete an online test
- Direct admission: IST test of 46 minutes lengths covering numerical and figural skills
- Indirect admission: IST test of 1 hour 40 minutes length covering verbal, numerical and figural skills.
- Up to 10 visual or interactive projects
- We are also interested in seeing excerpts from sketchbooks, contact sheets, and research development where applicable. All work should be accompanied by a short text reflecting on the project or work. The portfolio should be collected in a PDF format, and sent through WeTransfer or uploaded onto a website.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12110 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12110 EUR per year during 42 months.
EU/EEA9310 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9310 EUR per year during 42 months.
- EURO 3.000 (EURO three thousand) This reservation fee will be deducted from the total amount of study fees. (Not applicable for EU applicants)
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
You can apply for a partial scholarship for the length of one semester. The selection process is managed by the university. Other options are school loans with flexible monthly payment options from financial institutions.
The University of Applied Sciences Europe (UE) is state-recognised and students therefore have various possibilities to finance their studies. One of these options is to apply for a scholarship.
UE offers its applicants several university scholarships to financially support the tuition fees, but there are also numerous external providers.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.