The program in Computer Science and Social Sciences at Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi comprise of the following disciplines: economics, sociology/anthropology, psychology, and liberal arts, communication and humanities. Within the program, students are offered two broad options. One is to earn a major in one of the above disciplines in conjunction with computer science.
- The other is to opt for a portfolio of courses across all social science disciplines while taking the same set of computer science courses.
- The program structure is motivated by the fact that the skill-set required to address social problems can only be addressed through an integrated systems approach that requires strong synergies between computer science and social sciences.
- A training in this integrated program will open up several opportunities in the industry, social sector, governance, policy as well as for graduate school.
- The B.Tech. (CSSS) program at IIIT-D follows the philosophy of having a small set of core courses and many electives allowing students significant flexibility in designing their curriculum and specialization.
- The first semester program is common with other B.Tech. programs - this allows change of discipline after 1st Semester. 2nd , 3rd and 4th semester is mostly core courses. In the 3rd year, there are some core courses and rest are electives.
- In the final year, all courses are electives. Besides electives and streams for specialized areas, streams and electives from domain areas (e.g. health, life sciences, finance, economics, E-Governance, sciences, etc.) may also be offered as open electives.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The Application process will be online.
- There will be a nominal application processing fee of the order of USD 50. This may be revised from time to time.
- The test scores should be submitted within the due date of the applicable round of admission.
- After students submit the application, a one-2-one interaction with IIIT Delhi admissions committee may be arranged. This could be a 30 minute to 1 hr interaction in which the students will be assessed on key skills needed at IIIT Delhi (understanding English; Mathematics skills).
International15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 USD per semester during 48 months.
National5072 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2536 USD per semester during 48 months.
- 187500 RS - national
- $7500 - international
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.