The changing education landscape is demanding of teachers to be leaders and have management skills beyond what was expected before. The Bachelor of Education in Education Leadership and Management (Hons) from University of Johannesburg is the very first online honours programme in Africa with six starts a year and offers just that.
What you'll learn
Students will take a close look at leadership theories and perspectives in the field of management. This part-time programme will require 21 hours of study a week and is specifically designed for principals, deputy principals, heads of departments, district officials, experienced teachers and those wanting to pursue an education leadership career in other communities of practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Education Resource Management
- Organisational Behaviour in Education
- Education Resource Management: Policy
- Education Theory A: Perspectives of Leadership and Management
- Education Theory B: Perspectives of Leadership and Management
- Research Methodology and Design
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 12 other Bachelors in Management, Organisation & Leadership in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A four-year professional teaching degree on NQF level 7OR
- An appropriate Bachelor’s degree and a professional teaching qualification (on NQF level 7)OR
- A four-year professional teaching qualification(s) as well as an Advanced Diploma in a cognate sub-field of Education (on NQF level 7).AND
- A 65% minimum average for the preceding degree
- Applicants with between 60% and 64% may be considered. Teaching and leadership experience will be taken into consideration.
- Applications from persons with equivalent qualifications will be considered by a constituted status committee in line with the University’s and Faculty’s regulation.
- Students who apply for this degree may undergo a selection process which can include an interview or written submission.
- Previous academic achievement and evidence of the necessary academic reading and writing skills to become a competent researcher of education leadership and management will be taken into account.
- To complete your 100% online degree, you will need computer skills, a laptop or PC, and a high-speed internet connection (3G, 4G, LTE, ADSL or Fibre
International1887 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1887 EUR per year during 20 months.
National1887 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1887 EUR per year during 20 months.
Total programme cost: R31,580
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.