The purpose of the Bachelor of Education in Senior Phase and FET Teaching from University of Johannesburg is to provide student teachers with a well-rounded education that equips them with specialised teaching competence in at least three specialisations: (one SP subject and two FET subjects or one SP subject, one FET subject and one support role), and a nuanced understanding of the integrated nature of theory and practice in education and the context of the teaching profession in South Africa.
OUTCOMES OF THE PROGRAMME
1. Teach three specialisations (one SP subject and two FET subjects or one SP subject, one FET subject and one support role) linked to the following subject domains and learning support specialisations.
- Science and Technology
- Business and Management
Learning Support Specialisations
- Addressing Neurodevelopmental Learning Needs
- Physical Education
- School ICT Support Specialist
- School Library and Information Centre Support
2. Support and nurture learning and development in diverse educational contexts.
3. Identify and address barriers to learning in the classroom.
4. Formulate a personal teaching philosophy and critically reflect on their teaching philosophy and how it relates to teaching conduct
- Education Studies
- Teaching Studies
- English as Language for Teaching and Learning
- 1st Academic Major
- 2nd Academic Major
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education Teaching View 64 other Bachelors in Education in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Final School results
- Valid Passport or Identity Document or Birth Certificate
- Sworn English Translation of documents (Documents issued in any Language other than English)
- Provide proof of a non - refundable Application Fee R200.00
International5944 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5944 EUR per year during 48 months.
(R102,280 – R110,330)
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.