Students will develop core electronics design capabilities, which are developed and enhanced progressively through the course. This programme explores the principles underlying the design and implementation of up-todate analogue and digital systems needed in a variety of problem domains and provides the opportunity of realising such systems.
Graduates of the programme will be well equipped for careers as Design Engineers, CAD Technicians, Electrical Engineers. They will be able to work in areas that include electronics, automotive, IT, telecoms, manufacturing and many more.
Why Study BEng Honours Electronic Engineering?
The Electronic Engineering (Hons) programme from Middlesex University Dubai will enable students to build upon existing familiarity with Mathematics and Sciences and develop their skills in: the use of laboratory and test equipment; creation of models and prototypes of engineering systems; writing computer programs; applying mathematical methods, computer models and scientific approach to solving problems in engineering design; and implement them successfully, thus meeting the requirements of the industries in demand for electronics engineers.
Students will focus on learning analogue and digital electronic theories and putting these into practice by building a range of complex electronic circuits using the latest industry hardware and software methods and tools equipped in our labs and workshops. The course also introduces students to the design and implementation of system-on-a-chip and systems engineering approaches to problem solving.
Future Careers and Employability
This programme will prepare students to work in a number of areas including design engineering, electrical, electronic, computer and engineering. The breadth of opportunities available after completing an electronics engineering degree is immense. Careers range from electronics or associated industries such as robotics, mechatronics, automation etc. all over the world. Graduates may also start their own business in electronic design and/or production and be a part of the automation boom. Alternatively, graduates may continue studying towards a Master's or PhD, where this electronics degree will provide a strong foundation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Practical Applications of Mathematics for Engineering
- Programming Paradigms for Physical Computing and Internet of Things
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computing and Electronic Engineering Skills and Projects
- Analogue Electronics
- Signal Processing and Communications
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 8 other Bachelors in Electronics & Embedded Technology in United Arab Emirates
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 112 UCAS points, including 80 points from at least two science or numerate-based subjects and GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- You must have passed the full IB Diploma. In some cases applicants will also need to have studied certain subjects at Standard or Higher Level.
- Students who have completed their GCSEs are eligible to join our International Foundation Programme – a one year programme to prepare students for entry onto our Undergraduate Programmes. Please note that students must meet the British AS and A Level entry requirements in order to gain entry into the First Year of any one of our Undergraduate Programmes. Grade C in Maths
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12496 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37489 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
National12496 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37489 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.