The specific objective of this program is to offer comprehensive and advanced education and training in research, ranging from the basics of natural science to applications in science and technology, so that they can contribute to the solution of the above mentioned social challenges. The Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Engineering at University of Tsukuba, has been desigined in the framework of traditional engneering, ICT and the internet of things (IoT).
- To acquire solid basic skills in mathematics and physics, which is a common foundation for a wide range of engineering fields.
- To be able to understand, analyze and creatively solve problems in cross-disciplinary engineering fields from a first principles perspective.
- To be able to work in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team, and to have good cooperation, communication and presentation skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students can choose research topics for their undergraduate research from a broad range of interdisciplinary fields, for example, Space Engineering, Power Electronics, Control Systems, Robotics, Energy, Materials, etc.
- As a part of class based learning, students will continue to take the core course like Quantum Mechanics, Statistical Physics, Fluid Dynamics, Control System, Electronic Circuit, etc, which provide the foundation of both micro- and macro-engineering.
- In the fourth year, students will finish their PBL by choosing to continue in their two chosen laboratories or focus on a single one to finish their undergraduate research.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Robotics View 6 other Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in Japan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission screening procedures consist of two selection stages. In the first stage, applicants will be screened through a comprehensive evaluation of the submitted documents. If successful, they will proceed to the second stage where individual interviews will determine the final selection of applicants.
International4103 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4103 EUR per year during 48 months.
National4103 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4103 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Tsukuba
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.