The main emphasis and specialisation area in the programme is Tourism Management and Experience Design.
We work in close connection with the local tourism business but give you an option to have your training period or study exchange abroad, too. Multicultural issues, languages and field-related core areas such as service design and other business-related subjects are also emphasised in this international programme.
Communication skills and sustainability, entrepreneurship, foresight and safety issues have also an important role because they have been defined in the strategy of MTI (Multidimensional Tourism Institute).
Contemporary marketing, including e-commerce and product development, and various language and cultural studies have also an important role in the degree programme. During international study exchange, students can broaden their specialisation areas through the various programmes of our many partner institutions abroad. This means specialisation, e.g. in some specific tourism-related areas like Event Management. Students are also encouraged to complete their practical training abroad, since it will give more perspective to their own expertise and offers an alternative way to gain more knowledge in the field of tourism.
The Bachelor of Hospitality Management - Tourism programme is delivered at Lapland University of Applied Sciences.
We will offer you skills and expertise required in the international tourism and hospitality industry. After your graduation you will be able to work for private and public organisations having excellent experience and skills in tourism-related subjects with a multicultural and international aspect.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Lapland UAS - Lapin AMK - In our programme you will learn how to do business in the tourism and hospitality industry. During the first study year the main focus is on multicultural issues and basic skills of tourism-related subjects. Also languages have an important role. Finnish students study Swedish and some other foreign language whereas our foreign students focus on learning the basics of Finnish. Basics of business studies are also covered during the first year.
- In the second year we emphasise northern issues in your studies unless you take your study exchange period outside Finland. Management skills, marketing and sales, finance and more advanced tourism studies take place in the spring semester.
- 42 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHospitality Management Tourism & Leisure View 5 other Bachelors in Hospitality Management in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
General eligibility for the programmes is given by:
- completed Finnish upper secondary education or the Finnish matriculation examination
- International Baccalaureate, Reifeprüfung or European Baccalaureate examination
- a vocational college diploma or higher vocational diploma (e.g. in engineering)
- a vocational qualification of at least three years duration, completed in vocational upper secondary education and training, referred to in the Vocational Education and Training Act (630/98), or an earlier corresponding qualification
- combined education programmes of at least three years duration, referred to in the Act on Youth-level Education and the Polytechnic Experiment
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 42 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 42 months.
Living costs for Rovaniemi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.