In the BSc in Biomedicine from Lund University you will be tutored by active research scientists, some of them world leading in their fields. You will be part of a research environment from the very beginning and take part of the latest techniques and research results.
Current issues of interest to biomedical scientists:
- How can nanoparticles be used in cancer drugs?
- Antibiotic resistance, what should we do when our medicines do not work anymore?
- Can we create our own spare organs using stem cell technology?
- How does genetics, environment, food and lifestyle affect our and our children’s health?
The Biomedicine Programme gives you the opportunity to continue in many areas after your Bachelor’s degree. You will become a specialist in biomedical problem-solving and acting as an important link between new biological knowledge and practical medical use. The vast majority of graduates choose to continue studying toward a Master’s degree. Following a Master’s degree, biomedical scientists can work with, for example:
- research in academia or the life science industry
- expert support for authorities and companies
- drug discovery, development and clinical trials
- bioentrepreneurship and market analysis
- medical writing and scientific journalism
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biology and chemistry of the cell
- Metabolism and metabolomics
- Genetics and genomics
- The cell and its environment
- Developmental & stem cell biology
- From neuron to nervous system
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Genetics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- General and courses corresponding to the following Swedish Upper Secondary School Programs: Biology 2, Chemistry 2, Mathematics 4.
- Seats are allocated according to: The general average (GPA) of your higher secondary school leaving certificate: 100 %.
International17607 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52823 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 540 000
Living costs for Lund
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.