A contemporary artistic education as a composer and musician combined with sound engineering and organisational know-how form the core of the Music Production programme from SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences. From the first semester onwards you will have access to our DAWs and studios. Here you will go through all relevant functions and roles within the music production process.
Our innovative approach that pays off
After your degree in Music Production you will be able to move routinely and flexibly in the fast-moving music market. As a composer you will write music for events and publications, as a performing musician you will take over the direction of your musical contribution as well as the of concerts and sessions. As a sound engineer you will be responsible for recordings and mixes of productions under your own direction, as a producer you will become familiar with all necessary management tasks.
The BA in Music Production offers excellent career opportunities such as employment in:
- Production companies, ensembles, concert promoters, training companies
- Phono industry, labels, publishers, distributors, TV and radio stations, PR and marketing companies
- Songwriters / composers, lyricists, speakers, bands / music groups, orchestras
- Producers, sound studios, clients from the industry and private sector
Freelance activities as:
- Author / composer, arranger / orchestrator, interpreter / musician
- Sound technician / sound engineer for concerts, events, theatre, radio, television, sound recordings
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Instrument major / Ensemble
- Language/ Physiology
- Studio Techniques
- 42 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
If you are an international candidate (who needs to apply for a student visa), we recommend that you apply at least four months before the start of your studies.
DisciplinesMusic Music History View 3 other Bachelors in Music History in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- General higher education entrance qualification (Abitur) or university of applied sciences entrance qualification (Fachhochschulreife)
- Two songs in MP3 format: for your studies, you must choose and present an instrument (or vocals) as your main subject. Please upload your own compositions or interpretations of foreign pieces with your application (each lasting 1-4 minutes).
- Letter of motivation: why do you want to study Music Production with us? What do you expect from your studies? Where do you see yourself in the future? (max. 2 pages)
- Copy of your identity card or passport
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per semester during 42 months.
- €750 / month (Citizenship EU/EEA incl. Western Balkans, Switzerland)
- €4,500 / semester (Citizenship Non-EU/Non-EEA)
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.