Diagnostic Radiography (Hons) University of Derby features a three-week elective placement to broaden your horizons. Some students have chosen to explore fields such as veterinary radiography while others gain international experience: two students went on placement to Tanzania after securing a travel bursary from the British Institute of Radiology.
Nationally, there is a 17% shortfall in radiographers so you can look forward to excellent career prospects. Our BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography has an outstanding track record for producing highly employable graduates. Latest statistics showed that 95% of graduates from this course were in work or further study six months after completing their studies.
Many graduates go on to secure jobs at their placement hospitals and build on the skills they have gained on the course to become advanced practitioners. As part of your studies, you’ll develop your leadership capabilities to prepare for more senior roles and you’ll explore the way the profession is changing – in areas such as image analysis – to ensure you are ready to meet the challenge of change.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Developing Professional Practice
- Principles of Radiographic Imaging
- Research Methods for Practice
- Science and Technology of Imaging
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 423 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points 128
- Specific requirements at A-level
- At least a grade B in either Biology, Physics or Chemistry at A-level (or equivalent qualification)
- Specific requirements at GCSE
- At least five GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths, English and double Science at grade 4/C or above
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14045 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14045 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.