Help organisations improve
In the last decade, the amount of data has exploded due to internet/e-commerce services and social media. As a future business analyst, you look at how organisations and businesses operate. You investigate and analyse (big) data, interpret it, make recommendations and help develop and implement improvements.
You could help organisations and businesses tackle questions like:
- Can you predict a supermarket’s sales volume on 2 major holidays – Christmas and Easter?
- Can you identify the common skills and qualifications of the top-performing employees in our company?
- How can we use our credit card data to detect future fraud transactions?
- Is it possible to build a model that can discern whether a news piece is fake or not?
Business analysts are highly sought after on the labour market. The Business Analytics programme of the University of Amsterdam is a great step to a Master’s programme or 1st job. As a qualified business analyst you could work for:
- consultancies and research firms
- technology companies
- financial institutions (national or European banks)
- insurance companies
- pension funds
- government institutions
- or start up your own firm
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematics 1: Calculus
- Probability Theory and Statistics
- Microeconomics for AE
- Mathematics 2: Linear Algebra
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Computer Sciences Artificial Intelligence View 14 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your secondary school diploma should be equivalent to the level and content of a Dutch VWO secondary school diploma. This means that mathematics must be one of the subjects of your final examinations.
- In this Bachelor’s, you must be able to read textbooks, understand lectures, participate in classroom discussions and complete written assignments in English. Therefore, you have to verify your English proficiency in your application.
- Our Bachelor’s programmes at UvA Economics and Business include mathematics courses which demand excellent mathematical and statistical skills.
International9450 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9450 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.