Why choose this course?
- Study at one of the largest engineering schools in the UK
- Fine tune your designs, using our Cruden F1 race simulator
- Use our rolling road dynamometer, one of only a few in the UK
- Your studies will reflect the latest thinking in the industry as the School is supported by a Motor Industry Advisory Panel which includes representatives from many well-known automotive companies;
- Our MEng Automotive Engineering with Motorsport students have previously completed work placement years at companies including: McLaren Automotive, Mercedes-Benz Grand Priz Limited and Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains;
- Your MEng studies involve an extra year and will provide you with a broader and deeper understanding of the subject
- Recent Automotive Engineering graduates have gone on to work at organisations including: Williams Grand Prix Engineering, McLaren Racing Limited, and Renault Sport.
- We are members of the CDIO Initiative (Conceive Design Implement Operate), a worldwide network of academic professionals, industry representatives and engineering leaders who have a passion for engineering education and engineering leadership. The CDIO framework has been embedded into our undergraduate degree programme, ensuring you’ll put into practice what you learn through “Design and Build” projects during your studies.
What's next for my career?
Employment prospects are excellent. As one of the top UK motorsport schools, our links with this sector are very strong, providing good placement and employment prospects. Almost every Formula One racing team has a University of Hertfordshire graduate in their design team. Graduates of the Automotive Engineering with Motorsport (Hons) programme from University of Hertfordshire can expect to be employed in design, manufacture or testing in one of the major automotive companies in the UK or abroad. There are also opportunities with the consultancy companies that specialise in vehicle safety. Many other graduates decide to stay at the University and extend their automotive education at a postgraduate level.
As one of the top UK motorsport schools, our links with the sector are very strong, providing good placement and employment prospects. Almost every Formula One racing team has a University of Hertfordshire graduate in its design team. You can also expect to be employed in design, manufacturing or testing in one of the major automotive companies in the UK or internationally.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Mathematics
- Statics and Dynamics
- Automotive Engineering Fundamentals
- Applied Design
- Electrical Science
- Programming for Engineers
- Engineering Professionalism
- Mechatronic Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAutomotive Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 1127 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS Points 112-120
- A Level BBC-BBB - Requires Maths and either Physics or Technology or Engineering based subjects, excluding General Studies/Critical Thinking
- BTEC DMM-DDM - Requires Extended Diploma in Engineering (DMM) to include Distinction in Further Maths
- GCSE: Grade 4/C in English Language and 4/C in Mathematics.
- All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency, equivalent to an overall IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each band.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Hatfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.