Why study Liberal Arts and Sciences?
Leiden University College The Hague offers a broad, flexible and interdisciplinary residential Liberal Arts and Sciences - Global Challenges Bachelor’s programme. Linking your studies to the Global Challenges of the 21st century, you will specialize in relevant fields like world politics, economics, governance, international justice, human & cultural interaction, global public health and environmental sciences. The goal of LUC is encapsulated by its motto: ‘Building Knowledge for a Better World,’ which is what our students and alumni aim to do!
Why study Liberal Arts and Sciences at Leiden University?
LUC The Hague is a joint initiative of Universiteit Leiden and the City of The Hague. It combines Leiden’s long academic tradition with the contemporary relevance of the International city of Peace and Justice. It offers:
- A unique, student-centred and intensive academic and residential programme, being ranked as one of the top University Colleges in The Netherlands
- Small-scale classes with research-active staff
- A focus on Global Challenges: Peace and Justice, Sustainability, Diversity and Prosperity
Upon receiving their diploma from LUC, our students spread their wings to pursue prestigious master’s degrees, PhD studies or to start their professional careers. Considering the emphasis on global citizenship, it is unsurprising that many of our graduates move abroad for their next step in life.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In your first year, you receive rigorous academic training (Academic Writing, History of Philosophy, Mathematics, and Statistics) The content of these global challenges courses also form an introduction to the major or study specialization of your second and third year. You finish the programme with a research or capstone thesis project.
- The flexibility in the programme from your first semester on allows you to combine different academic discplines creating your own unique field of academic expertise. Students will declare a major after their first year. Students select from an array of courses that fall within the chosen major, minor, or other elective options.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology International Development Liberal Arts View 13 other Bachelors in Sociology in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Copy of valid passport/European ID Card
- Curriculum Vitae
- LUC Motivation Letter Form
- Copy of most recent transcripts
- LUC Application Form
- Proof of application fee payment
- Proof of English and Mathematics proficiency
- Recommendation Letter
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10716 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10716 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA1084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1084 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Leiden
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.