Coffee machines, phones, medical devices; these all need to be ‘designed’. When designing these products, lots of questions need to be asked and answered; What does the customer need? How does the customer expect the product to look? How can the product be manufactured? What materials should be used? How can it be tested beforehand? How should it be brought to market?
The business field has an increasing demand for BSc graduates of the programme BSc Industrial Design Engineering at Fontys University of Applied Sciences in the field of Industrial Design Engineering. After graduation, you could, among others, work as:
- Product Developer
- Product Designer
- Design Engineer
- Design Consultant
- Research and Development Manager
Of course, you also have the opportunity to continue with a Masters programme.
Some of the partner companies of our Industrial Design Engineering programme - who are looking for people with these skills - are Philips, Canon, Ahrend, Heras, Bosch, Vogels, and VDL.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In-depth study Industrial Design Engineering
- Minor (at Fontys or one of our partner universities abroad)
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Industrial Design General Engineering & Technology View 5 other Masters in Industrial Design in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
As a prospective Bachelor's student you must have a diploma of higher secondary education that is equivalent to Dutch standards. In order to be admitted to Fontys University of Applied Sciences students must be eligible for higher education through a diploma of secondary education / high school diploma with good results. This means:
- For Dutch students: VWO-, HAVO- (NT/NG profile obligated) or MBO-diploma
- For German students: Fachabitur or Abitur (Fachhochschulreife or Allgemeine Hochschulreife)
- For students of other nationalities, here are some examples of accepted diplomas:- senior high school diploma, which generally grants access to a Bachelor programme in the country of issue- General Certificate of Secondary Education in 4 subjects with marks ranging from A-C, plus a General Certificate of Education with 2 subjects at advanced subsidiary level
International10430 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10430 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Venlo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.