Sociology (Hons) at Nanyang Technological University provides graduates with a vast array of job opportunities in both the public and private sectors. Sociology majors are valued for their critical thinking and analytical skills. They also benefit from an in-depth understanding of social organisations, culture and other social phenomena.
The curriculum provides an intellectually stimulating and rigorous experience for students. The academic foundation consists of three core areas: Economy, Technology and Society; Culture, Self and Identity; and Organisations and Organisational Change. It provides both breadth of exposure and depth of engagement that emphasizes both theoretical reasoning and empirical analysis. Students should graduate with not just a body of knowledge and skills but also a 'sociological imagination' that will enable them to make the critical and creative difference in the workplace and in society.
Our graduates go onto a wide range of sectors and many different types of jobs:
- Civil service and public administration
- Management (including human resources and corporate communications)
- Education and training
- Media (including public relations, advertising and journalism)
- Business and marketing
- Financial and insurance sector
- Creative industries (including the arts, arts management, heritage, design)
- Non-profit and social service sector
- Person and Society
- Classical Social Theory
- Doing Social Research
- Contemporary Social Theory
- Understanding Social Statistics
- Research Practicum I : Qualitative Social Research
- Research Practicum II : Quantitative Social Research
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Students must satisfy the basic requirements for admission into NTU.
- For GCE 'A' level Holders
- For Local Polytechnic Diploma Holders
International13230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13230 USD per year during 48 months.
National6184 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6184 USD per year during 48 months.
- Singapore Citizens:S$8,200
- International Students: S$17,550
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.