This Graphic Design (Top-up) (Hons) course at London Metropolitan University will train you to present, test and defend your ideas. You’ll gain the confidence to understand, interpret and talk about ground-breaking and iconic design from the past and present.
You'll have the opportunity to develop specialist and broad-based design skills, to think laterally and to innovate through making, testing, finding and reaching your audience.
You'll learn different creative methods such as drawing and letterpress printing, app design, type fundamentals, user experiences, human-centered design and connected communication platforms. There are many diverse employment options available to graduates of this degree.
Where this course can take you
The teaching team includes professional print, photography, web, animation and graphic design specialists alongside illustrators and artists who together create a stimulating teaching and learning environment that allows you to identify and succeed in your chosen career path.
London Met graphic design graduates have gone on to be award-winning students who have excelled in leading design competitions run by organisations such as Royal Society of Arts (RSA) and the Design Museum.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical and Contextual Studies 3: Dissertation (Visual Communication)
- Final Project Realisation: Graphic Design
- Project Design and Development
- Work Ready
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Graphic Design View 599 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In addition to the University's standard entry requirements, you should have one of the following:
- 240 credits from a relevant Higher National Diploma (HND), Foundation Degree (FdA/FdSc) or equivalent international qualification in a relevant subject
- 240 credits from years 1 and 2 of an undergraduate degree (BA/BSc) in a relevant subject at a different institution
- a portfolio review
We encourage applications from international/EU students with equivalent qualifications. We also accept mature students with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Your portfolio should be selective but have enough work to show the range of your interests and talents. We're interested in seeing how you develop a project from beginning to end, not only finished work.
- Graphic designers work in a variety of media; please include the whole range of your creative work. If you can't bring some of your work to the portfolio interview, please take photographs and include them.
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK:£2,310 per 30 credits
- Int:£3,625 per 30 credits
Living costs for City of London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.