Explore what drives people to go to war, understand how technology and propaganda has changed warfare, and discover Kent’s role as ‘Britain’s frontline’.Overview
Study war and its effects in the inspiring location of historic Canterbury, with Roman forts and Cold War nuclear bunkers on your doorstep, as well as the battlefields of the First and Second World Wars.
Explore hundreds of years of history, or focus on particular themes that fascinate you. Military History is so much more than just battle tactics; you'll take a journey through time from the fifth century to present day, and develop an understanding of the wider social, ethical and political contexts of warfare. The Military History (Hons) program is offered at University of Kent.
Graduates have a wide range of career options, including:
- journalism and the media
- management and administration
- the civil service and local government
- museum and heritage management
- law, commerce and banking
- The Rise of the United States Since 1880
- Early Medieval Europe
- Later Medieval Europe
- Victorian Britain: Politics, Society and Culture
- Revolutionary Europe 1700-1850
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMilitary Science History Political Science View 18 other Bachelors in Military Science in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level: BBB including a Humanities based essay writing subject including a humanities based essay writing subject which includes History, English, Philosophy, Religious Studies or Classical Civilisation.
- Access to HE Diploma: The University welcomes applications from Access to Higher Education Diploma candidates for consideration. A typical offer may require you to obtain a proportion of Level 3 credits in relevant subjects at merit grade or above.
- BTEC The University will consider applicants holding BTEC National Diploma and Extended National Diploma Qualifications (QCF; NQF; OCR) on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us for further advice on your individual circumstances. A typical offer would be to achieve DMM plus A-level in History or a related humanities based essay writing subject at grade B, which includes English, Philosophy, Religious Studies or Classical Civilisation. Students applying without History will need to make a case in their personal statement.
- International Baccalaureate: 30 points overall or 15 points at HL including History 5 at HL or 6 at SL
International17400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17400 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- EU full-time £13000
- Home part-time £4625
- EU part-time £6500
- International part-time £8700
Living costs for Canterbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Scholarships are available for excellence in academic performance, sport and music and are awarded on merit. For further information on the range of awards available and to make an application see our scholarships website.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.