Software and technology have become increasingly important in our daily lives.
With the aid of digitalisation, societies are renewing their structures and operations, which offers countless opportunities for IT experts.
Programming skills give you the tools to solve great societal challenges. Challenges can be related to, for example, digitalisation, reducing energy consumption, the research and development needs of the business world or guiding consumer behaviour towards sustainability. Societal or organisational problems may also be solved by introducing a new software service, product or system to provide assistance and information to the people around us.
Software and Systems Engineering at LUT University is for people who are interested in problem solving and want to make things faster, less costly and more efficient in the future. You will produce solutions that take into account the needs of both individuals and large companies.
Students admitted to the Bachelor's Programme in Software Systems Engineering at LUT University will receive a degree certificate from two universities after they have fulfilled the degree requirements of both universities.
All double degree programmes will be completed in Finland, either in Lappeenranta or Lahti campus.
There are many reasons why software engineering is so popular, such as good job security, high starting salaries, and diverse job opportunities across industries.
Master's graduates in software and systems engineering have gone on to become:
- upper level management in the electricity sector
- testing engineers
- automation engineers
- electricity grid designers for distribution company
- business process analysts
- business service innovators
- digital transformation consultants
- business intelligence managers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The programme includes general, intermediate specialisation, minor, language and elective studies as well as a Bachelor's thesis at the end of the studies.
- The main themes include different programming paradigms and environments, applying systematic processes in the development of systems and services, collecting software requirements and designing user interfaces.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The rolling admission is now open and will close when all student places have been filled but no later than 31 May at 15:00 (UTC+3). Admission is based on degree certificates and language test results. SAT scores are not required. Be quick and apply now!
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering General Engineering & Technology Software Engineering View 4 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students with a foreign secondary degree providing eligibility for similar studies in the country in question are also eligible.
- In addition, applicants to Bachelor's programmes in the field of technology are required to present a language test certificate as proof of their Finnish language skills (the required proficiency level is 5).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR per year during 60 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Lahti
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- For the first academic year, there are no scholarships available.
- For the second academic year, 50% Tuition Fee Scholarship will be granted for the students successfully completing the studies on the first academic year (min. of 60 ECTS credits)
- For the third academic year, 100% Tuition Fee Scholarship will be granted for the students successfully completing the studies on the first and second academic year (min. of 60 ECTS credits/year)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.