Modern mechanical engineering is a combination of creative product development, design and modelling, efficient production, automation, robotics and the effective management of people and goods.
As a mechanical engineer, you can design and manufacture a variety of consumer goods as well as machinery and equipment needed in industry.
Mechanical Engineering at LUT University studies give you a comprehensive overview of modern product design and production techniques. You will learn to utilise digital and virtual environments in design as well as take into account the principles of the entire product life cycle and circular economy. You will also understand business principles, marketing and customer needs in product development.
Mechanical engineering is for you if you are inventive, creative and passionate about developing solutions that promote sustainable development and the respect for natural resources.
Students admitted to the Bachelor's Programme in Mechanical Engineering at LUT University will receive a degree certificate from two universities after they have fulfilled the degree requirements of both universities.
All double degree programmes will be completed in Finland, either in Lappeenranta or Lahti campus.
There is a great demand in the labour market for mechanical engineering experts.
Work may also involve training, research and marketing tasks, for example in industrial projects or in one's own company. Master's graduates in mechanical engineering have gone on to become:
- heads of virtual design firms
- design managers of international energy companies
- production managers of pulp and paper plants
- mechanical engineers
- quality control managers in the metal industry
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The programme includes general, intermediate specialisation, minor, language and elective studies as well as a Bachelor's thesis at the end of the studies.
- Studies in this Bachelor's programme will give you a comprehensive overview of modern product design and production techniques.
- The main themes of your studies are production technology, welded metal structures and mechatronics. In a mechatronic device, motion-based functions are controlled by electronics and information technology.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The rolling admission is now open and will close when all student places have been filled but no later than 31 May at 15:00 (UTC+3). Admission is based on degree certificates and language test results. SAT scores are not required. Be quick and apply now!
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 3 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students with a foreign secondary degree providing eligibility for similar studies in the country in question are also eligible.
- In addition, applicants to Bachelor's programmes in the field of technology are required to present a language test certificate as proof of their Finnish language skills (the required proficiency level is 5).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR per year during 60 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Lappeenranta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.