Energy – electricity and heat – will always be needed. Graduate engineers in sustainable energy technology will ensure the safe, economical and sustainable production of electricity and heat as well as the development of related technologies.
There are roughly three scenarios for the development of future energy solutions: renewable energy sources (hydro, solar, wind, wave and bioenergy), safe nuclear power, and carbon capture and use. These represent the core of energy engineering. By studying energy technology, you will build a career in pioneering technologies. Energy technology is suitable for those interested in technology who want to utilise mathematics and natural sciences as tools.
This Energy Technology at LUT University focuses on the most efficient, environmentally friendly production and distribution of a basic element in our daily well-being: energy and its related technologies.
The main themes of the studies are the efficient production and use of energy and environmental friendliness. Your training will be based on three key areas of expertise in energy technology: physical phenomena related to energy technology, such as policies that affect the shape and magnitude of energy; energy conversion from one form to another; and machinery and equipment for energy conversion.
At LUT University, energy technology research and training are based on strong expertise in power plant technology and energy management. We also offer unique nuclear engineering training with a focus on nuclear safety. The emphases of our degree programme have been selected on the basis of the skills required in the working world.
Students admitted to the Bachelor's Programme in Energy Technology at LUT University will receive a degree certificate from two universities after they have fulfilled the degree requirements of both universities.
All double degree programmes will be completed in Finland, either in Lappeenranta or Lahti campus.
Graduate engineers in energy technology are needed for well-paid jobs to take care of safe, economical and low-emission energy production.
Master's graduates from energy technology have gone on to become:
- research and development engineers
- senior design engineers
- export managers for energy technology manufacturers
- reactor engineers at nuclear power plants
- nuclear safety specialists
- biomass boiler sales directors
- technical planners for wind farms
- energy sector consultants
- energy production specialists for industry and the government
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The programme includes general, intermediate specialisation, minor, language and elective studies as well as a Bachelor's thesis at the end of the studies.
- During your studies, you will become acquainted with phenomena related to heat, heat transfer, liquid and gas flows, power plant technology and its safe operation, and environmentally friendly energy production and distribution systems. You will also become familiar with energy business.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The rolling admission is now open and will close when all student places have been filled but no later than 31 May at 15:00 (UTC+3). Admission is based on degree certificates and language test results. SAT scores are not required. Be quick and apply now!
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology Sustainable Energy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students with a foreign secondary degree providing eligibility for similar studies in the country in question are also eligible.
- In addition, applicants to Bachelor's programmes in the field of technology are required to present a language test certificate as proof of their Finnish language skills (the required proficiency level is 5).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR per year during 60 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Lahti
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.