The use of information technology by organisations is growing exponentially, and new, more complex and challenging applications are being explored and developed all the time. In addition to the obvious fact that the work environment of the informatics specialist is particularly interesting, well-qualified informatics specialists can choose between many excellent job opportunities. The superiority of graduates in this field lies in their specialist stream, which may be computer auditing, information science, entrepreneurship, e-business, geography, data science management or e-taxation.
Data scientist, IT auditor, geographic information specialist, IT entrepreneur, IT tax specialist, e-business consultant, programmer, business analyst, project manager, CIO, CTO and knowledge manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Academic information management
- Academic literacy for information technology
- Business management
- Business ethics
- Commuity-based project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
Application period starts on the 1st of May and ends on 31st of August
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Business Information Systems View 25 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in South Africa
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants from countries other than South Africa must meet various admission requirements of which the most important ones are: the academic admission requirements and the equivalent certificate called the Exemption Certificate issued by the organisation: Universities South Africa (USAf).
- School Qualification Certificate from the country of origin
Subjects passed on an exit-level
- Certificate of Complete Exemption or Foreign Conditional Exemption obtainable from Universities South Africa (USAf)
- National Benchmark Test (NBT), if requested by the relevant faculty and/or South African Scholastic Aptitude Test
- (SAT) results, if requested by the relevant faculty
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3340 USD per year during 36 months.
National1670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1670 USD per year during 36 months.
- SADC countries: $1 670-3 179
- Non-SADC countries:$ 3 340-6 358
Living costs for Pretoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.