Graduates may, for example, choose to work in the Merchant Navy; on a research ship; a cruise ship or a super-yacht.
The BSc Maritime Science (Engineering) with Engineer Cadetship (Hons) programme from University of Gibraltar is aligned to Merchant Navy Training Board (MNTB) and Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) standards.
A unique feature of this programme is that engineering and nautical students can work together through the programme’s joint modules.
Please note that students can opt not to complete the final dissertation and exit with a BSc degree at an earlier stage in their studies.
Why choose this programme?
- Accelerated learning
Accelerated degree programme with a total of 12 months sea time gained that will get you from classroom to ship in around three years.
- Small class sizes
You will benefit from teaching approaches that place you at the heart of studying and ensures learning is enjoyable and aligned with industry standards.
- Choose your exit award
Should you prefer not to complete the final written dissertation, you have the option to exit the programme with a BSc (Ordinary) award instead of a BSc (Hons).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ship Design & Architecture
- Bridge Management
- Ship Handling & Voyage Planning
- Mechanics & Propulsion
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Marine Engineering View 1128 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Typically, all applicants should have:
- BCC at ‘A level’, (104 UCAS) or international equivalent.
- Relevant industry experience is also beneficial but not required.
All applicants should have:
- 5 GCSE’s A*– C (grade 4 or above post 2017) including English Language (min grade C or grade 4 ) and Mathematics (min grade B or grade 6 ) or international equivalent. Alternatively, evidence (i.e. accreditation/recognition) of relevant industry experience or prior Certificated and Experiential Learning.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to communicate your ideas effectively in discussions, presentations and writing.
- Basic IT skills, such as word-processing, email and Internet.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.