The integrated masters degree in Engineering from The Open University UK covers the techniques, concepts and knowledge required by professional engineers. You’ll begin by exploring the fundamentals of this creative and analytical subject – using a range of methods underpinned by science and mathematics. Later you’ll choose one of six areas in which to specialise. You’ll get to work on real-life projects and team up with other students at residential schools to create innovative solutions to challenging problems.
Key features of the course
- Accredited by several of the leading engineering institutions
- Fulfils the Engineering Council's educational requirements for Chartered Engineer status under UK-SPEC1
- Incorporates individual and team-based projects, plus three residential schools
- Covers the range of techniques, concepts and knowledge required by professional engineers – from materials and mechanics to design and modelling
- Includes the compilation of a personal and professional development plan
- Allows you to move to our Bachelor of Engineering, if your aspirations change, even after you've started
Skills for career development
The areas of knowledge, competence and skills that this degree develops include: the ability to use specialist knowledge to solve problems creatively; collaborative working and communication skills; project management skills; the ability to turn concepts into reality.
Your study will give the skills expected of a Chartered Engineer, in providing solutions to engineering problems. These could involve using existing or developing new technologies and designs; refining production systems; or developing new services. It will give you the confidence to be accountable for complex systems with significant levels of risk.
On graduation, this qualification (combined with the appropriate evidence of professional practice) will enable you to apply (via an appropriate engineering institution) to the Engineering Council for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering: origins, methods, context
- Engineering: frameworks, analysis, production
- Engineering: mathematics, modelling, applications
- Energy and sustainability
- Environmental management
- Design for engineers
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Energy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 3 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification; however, you’ll need some knowledge of mathematics, and the ability to read and write to a good standard of English.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3359 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26876 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 96 months.
EU/EEA3359 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26876 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 96 months.
- Our typical fee for 30 credits at undergraduate level is £1,548* and between £1,665* and £2,585* at postgraduate level.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.