With this certificate, you’ll raise your legal awareness and acquire skills of legal analysis and methods. The study of Spanish opens doors to other cultures and communities, and can provide a key to the global workplace.
Key features of the Law and Spanish at The Open University UK
- Develops a broad understanding of the role of law in society today.
- Provides you with legal awareness and the skills of legal analysis and methods.
- Develops you into an independent user of Spanish, reaching level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Develops broad knowledge of the cultures that use Spanish, and basic intercultural communication competence.
Studying law alongside a modern language opens up many career options in law-related fields, business and finance or international organisations. Your understanding of another language and the cultures that use it is an asset that will be highly valued by employers, and that will widen your opportunities in the international market. A qualification in law and a language can lead to opportunities in a wide range of areas such as:
- Business and finance.
- Civil service.
- Human resources.
- Paralegal professions.
- Translation and interpreting.
- Editing and publishing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Exploring languages and cultures
- Portales: beginners' Spanish
- Spanish studies 1 (intermediate)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Languages Legal Studies View 33 other Masters in Legal Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
- However, there’s a choice of starting points in the modern-language element – your choice will depend on your current level of confidence and proficiency.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.