You’ll be introduced to a variety of themes relating to primary education, and you’ll gain the knowledge and skills needed to work collaboratively and equitably in a range of settings. An interdisciplinary approach will also broaden your understanding of childhood and children’s lives and development.
Key features of the Education Studies (Primary) certificate at The Open University UK
- Offers a practice-focused qualification suitable for people working, volunteering or seeking to work in schools or in the wider education sector
- Covers the key themes relating to primary education and the curriculum areas of English, mathematics and science
- Explores the emotional, physical, social and cultural development of children
- Lays sound foundations for further study relevant to careers in teaching and other roles within education
A Certificate of Higher Education in Education Studies (Primary) gives you a sound foundation for further study relevant to a range of roles relating to primary education. It is also relevant to other careers within childcare, health, education, play work and working with families and young people.
It will develop your understanding of practices and policies that affect children, and introduce you to many new aspects of the subject. If you’re considering teaching as a career, you’re strongly advised to check with your training provider about their entry policy for initial teacher education (ITE) programmes, as requirements vary between different universities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Learning and teaching in the primary years
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 9 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
It is not possible to register for this qualification at the moment. We expect to open for registrations in March.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology View 27 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements to study this qualification. However, you must be aged 18 or older.
- You do not need to be employed in a primary school in order to study this qualification.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6192 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 9 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 9 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.