This Economics and Personal Finance certificate at The Open University UK will give you a building block towards acquiring a critical perspective on economics and economic choices for our daily lives. As you’re learning about income, expenditure, savings and investments, you'll gain practical tools and ideas on how to manage your own money effectively.
Key features of the course
- Understand how economic theory helps understand key real-world topics about society, such as employment, markets and businesses, personal finance, new technology and government policy.
- Be introduced to statistical methods and how to apply them to real economic problems.
- Develop introductory skills in analytical thought, numeracy and data analysis that are valued by employers.
Holders of a qualification in economics can successfully apply their knowledge and skills in various jobs in government, business, accountancy, banking, economics, data analysis, insurance, management and administration, consultancy, the voluntary sector and teaching.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- You and your money
- Economics in context
- Discovering mathematics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 38 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
- It is important that you are well prepared to study mathematics at this level. So, before you register for this qualification, it is essential to check that you have the appropriate mathematical skills to study Discovering mathematics (MU123).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.