In this Early Childhood certificate at The Open University UK , you'll develop your understanding of policy and practice in early childhood. It will prepare you to engage with further study as a foundation for careers working with young children and their families across all sectors.
Key features of the course
- Develops your understanding of young children’s learning and development
- Focuses on young children’s play and creativity within the context of the family and early childhood settings
- Includes national and international perspectives on early childhood
- Builds a solid foundation for further study
This CertHE is relevant for existing early years practitioners (normally with Level early years qualification) or those interested in finding out more about young children’s learning and development. It provides a foundation for entry to a range of careers working with and for young children and their families. It is also suitable for those wanting to move into careers in teaching, health or social work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Exploring perspectives on young children's lives and learning
- Young children's play and creativity
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
It is not possible to register for this qualification at the moment. We expect to open for registrations in March
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 18 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements to study this qualification.
- You do not need to be working with young children in order to study this qualification; however, in both core practice-focused modules we strongly recommend you gain direct experience with young children (birth to 7 years, 11 months).
- Students not working with young children (employed or in a voluntary capacity) will need to negotiate opportunities to gain such practical experience
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.